I have been super blessed to be a part of the Shepherd's Voice ladies Sunday School class! How awesome it is to sit among women who live in transparency and are so willing to discuss God's work in their lives! How great is that, and how real is it to have fellowship just the way we are supposed to have it?!? Let me answer you.....AWESOME!!!!!
Due to our ladies "special circumstance", it is difficult to really have care group because of certain family obligations. We haven't had a care group in some time, and I wanted to ensure the ladies had one more night together before the New Year. So I offered my home up for the evening (which may be a more regular occurrence since I loved it so much). In order to ensure that our care group meetings weren't revolved solely around food and chatter (which we all do very well), it was suggested that someone prepare a small study or a testimony. At first I was asked for volunteers, but within minutes, the Lord really laid it on my heart to do it. My house for food, my house for a testimony that will blow your socks off! Best part of it all, I am still young and have so much more for the Lord to do within me.
I had expected only 7-8 ladies.....needless to say I was blown away to have 13+ ladies in my small home. I began to feel a little anxious as I had prepared only little, but prayed so much for the Lord to tell me how to do this. For the sake of brevity and not to continue chattering the ladies' ears off, I wrote down an outline and scripture I wanted to discuss. However, as my anxiety level rose more and more, I decided to try and find my notes. I left them in my Bible, but the Bible was no where to be found. My husband had taken Aaralyn for a daddy-daughter date, in my vehicle, that had my Bible, and therefore, my notes. I really believe that God spoke directly to me in that way...."you don't need notes, you need to speak truth and rely on the Holy Spirit to guide your words".....so, that is what I did.
This was the first time I really sat down and shared very intimate details about my life to such a large group of God fearing ladies. I found myself so blessed to talk of the Lord's work in me, and was in such awe of how amazing our God really is! His grace, mercy, love, kindness, and blessings are the only thing that can account for how I turned out after a long journey of muddy mess. The LORD is building a testimony in me for His glory and for a purpose bigger than I can see....but we are called to share it with others in order to show how great our God really is.
I pray that you can take the time to reflect on how you got here, and how you can bless others with your testimony, but most of all bring glory to our God and father who shaped us to who we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment